Saturday, July 23, 2011

P4 is fourth from the right...blue shirt.
P4 in the same blue shirt on the left.

Jambo from P4

On July 22, 2011, in 2011 trip
To absolutely describe Free the Children would take pages and pages, but I experienced it firsthand within 30 minutes. As we strolled through the old town’s school, education was the last thing it reminded me of. There was dirt on the floor, walls, and ceiling, and chickens passing by every couple of minutes. So when Jill and Tobiko led us into the new school it was a shock to me. I realized that all the program’s accomplishments led to one goal. To, in fact, “Free the Children.”
One last thought. When I came to Africa, I thought I would feel bad for all the people and then go back and have to convince everybody to help. No. i am seeing what free the children is doing and I am excited, happy, inspired. Now I wish that i could stay here. I love it here and all of the people. Even though I may get blisters when I walk in the kenyan’s shoes, where they take me, brings beautiful surprises.
-p4
(name has been altered at the request of the boss)

No comments:

Post a Comment