Saturday, July 23, 2011

Remodel vs Teardown





Honestly, we intended to just remodel!

Greg sent me this photo and I was shocked, overwhelmed, and speechless. What happened to remodeling...Greg? I dug down deep and put all my trust into his decision!

I guess the old walls couldn't hold the new trusses without a lot of work and expense. Eventually, Greg convinced me starting anew was the best choice. Really, the thought of sleeping in someone else's space just creeps him out.

Why should I have expected anything less!

Excerpts from an email to Greg from a new neighbor. We aim to please.



Greg -
I was delighted to hear from you and thoroughly enjoyed the intro of you, Kristin, and your brood! I have been traveling and apologize that I didn't get back to you sooner and look forward to "sharing you" with the rest of Rose-Ridge.
I don't know if you can tell yet or not - but in my opinion, you have stumbled into the best place imaginable to live and raise your children. Even though the latter is pretty much behind you, the years you have ahead at Brophy will be incredibly enriched and enhanced by your new location. We raised a nephew who went to BCP and my husband oversaw the recent construction projects as a volunteer and thoroughly enjoyed all of his association w/ the school.


I cannot begin to tell you how thrilled I and all the other neighbors will be that your remodeling project will reflect the "style" of the existing houses. That is a challenge for new owners but the old owners are forever grateful that the tone of what we all value stays strong.

No comments:

Post a Comment